About Me

My photo
St. Louis, MO, United States
What the name sez, Christian, conservative, 2nd amendment supporter. Physician, wife, daughter and loving mother.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunny Day

Having spilled my guts in my last post, the sermon this morning at church spoke directly to me and made me feel a bit foolish. To distill things down to a sentence, God will supply all my needs and His grace is sufficient for me. No, for those of you who think that Heartland Christians are stupid and backward, I don't think that God will protect my 401k, but in looking into scripture and searching my heart, I know that my needs will be supplied. What I really need is my loving family, friends, a job, enough money to put food on the table, and a roof over my head. If I had to, I could sew my own clothes thanks to my mother and 4-H, I have my health and if I have to work until I die, then so be it. I really don't need "things" and the things that I have could be sold or bartered for the essentials I need.

With that out of the way, I saw this beautiful sunny Sunday in a new and hopeful light. I know that I have the grit to weather this storm just as I have struggled through other low times in my life. I know that we will end up on top though it might require a difficult path. I know that I am not alone, I am not bitter, and I will survive.

In that light, the new week has dawned and life will go on in the heartland.

No comments:

Post a Comment