About Me

My photo
St. Louis, MO, United States
What the name sez, Christian, conservative, 2nd amendment supporter. Physician, wife, daughter and loving mother.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

With all of the bad news swirling around regarding the economy and international affairs, Americans sat down today around tables all over the country and gave thanks. Most of those tables were laden with more food than one could consume and many of the recipients of these meals had so much to eat that a nap was needed after pushing away from the table! We still live in a land of plenty and we have so much for which to give thanks.

I would personally like to thank all of the men and women in the armed forces who are away from their families today because they have VOLUNTARILY committed time out of their lives to protect the freedoms that we at home take for granted and all too often squander.

I would personally like to thank all of the families who are having a Thanksgiving meal without the presence of someone who is in the military and let you know that we are grateful for your sacrifice and for theirs.

I am thankful that I live in a country where we can vigorously disagree and yet there is no consequence (at least not yet) for dissent.

I am thankful for family and friends. In spite of all of the press about "enduring Thanksgiving with the dysfunctional family", when you need them, blood is still thicker than water!

I am thankful that I have a job and what's more, I like what I do.

I am thankful that I will have enough to be able to share what I have with others during the upcoming Christmas season.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment